Software Engineer with DevOps experience (Ruby, Golang)
Openware, Inc. (San Francisco, California) has a mission to create a safe, transparent and universally accessible financial ecosystem.
Openware's Blockchain software solutions enable enterprises and developers to build advanced distributed ledger applications, cryptocurrency exchange SaaS, global financial platforms, and crypto marketplace applications.
The company is also the core contributor to several open-source Blockchain projects and the license provider for the OpenDAX™ cryptocurrency exchange software stack.
Openware is provisioning enterprise services on top of the open-source components, including education, support, and software R&D.
Currently, the company has offices and co-working spaces in the USA, France, Ukraine, and Thailand.
Looking for Software Engineer with DevOps experience (Ruby, Go)
We are currently looking for an experienced Software Engineer with extensive DevOps experience and skilled in Ruby on Rails and Golang.
- 5+ years of software development experience with a focus on web technologies.
- Effective at working in 100% remote-first environment.
- Effective remote communication skills, including daily online meetings and clear status updates.
- Comfortable with working in a highly agile, intensely iterative software development process.
- Experience working with Git, Docker and Kubernetes.
- 4+ years experience in backend software development (Ruby, Go, Python, Node.js).
- Experience with high-performance and HA environments.
- Must be comfortable with Linux command line and shell scripting (Bash, zsh).
- Have conviction around integration, unit, stress testing, and DevOps best practices.
- You must be able to learn and display expert-level skills in Ruby and Golang rapidly.
Advantageous to have
- Experience with AWS or GCP services highly desirable.
- Ruby on Rails experience.
- Experience releasing highly scalable products.
- Experience implementing and consuming large scale web services.
- Working knowledge of service-oriented patterns.
- Experience with Front-end technologies: React/React Native, Typescript.
- Java, Scala, and Kafka experience.
- Craft clean, efficient, and predictable code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment.
- Refactor an existing codebase.
- Code review, writing documentation.
- Writing cross-browser apps with responsive and adaptive design.
- Take part in the design, implementation, and testing of the applications.
- Collaborate with other teams to design and implement systems that will provide long-term scalability, reliability and meet the strategic performance needs of the business.
- Contribute to all agile ceremonies to ensure that issues are raised, lessons are learned, and that there is a culture of continuous improvement across the development team.
- Actively resolve issues on time.
Benefits we offer
- Friendly team atmosphere.
- Career and professional growth.
- Mentoring and support from all colleagues.
- Long-term employment with periodical salary review based on the performance results.
- Exciting new technologies to learn.
- Full medical insurance.
- Temporarily all our team is working remotely, but we have several co-working spaces we will use on occasion.
Working at Openware is more than just a job, it's a passion. We value out-of-the-box thinking, self-education, and provide incentives and freedom for your professional growth.
Apply today for a career at Openware!